Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Adventures

My mom and brothers came in town this weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday. We did some shopping and enjoyed going out to eat but the highlights of the weekend were definitely seeing the movie The Artist and going to the Sixth Floor Museum.  This was on Saturday, so all I knew about the movie was that it had been nominated for an Oscar. I loved it! It was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't already.
I have lived in the DFW for 10 months and apparently I have driven over the spot where JKF was assassinated dozens of times without even knowing.  We went to the Sixth Floor museum and it is something you should definitely visit if you are ever in Dallas. The exhibits walk you through the events and what they think happened the day Kennedy was killed. It was very sad but a great experience. It was the perfect event to preface my new book, The Kennedy Detail. I can't wait to finish it.
Only two more weeks until spring break and I cannot wait. I was able to go grocery shopping today and now cooking a real home made meal! I wish I could tell you the last time that happened, but I honestly don't remember.

Birthday Breakfast

Brothers



Here is the sequence of events when I try and take a picture with Max
1. Funny Face

2. Laughter

3. More funny faces. (He helped himself to making this my cell phone background)

X marks the spot where Kennedy was first shot

On the grassy knoll



No comments:

Post a Comment