Sunday, September 2, 2012

Endocrine Nightmare

A couple weeks ago I had a crazy nightmare. I dreamed that we had a tennis team at PA school and my endocrinology teacher was our coach. She announced that every day after class we had to run sprints for four hours on the tennis court. Maybe it doesn't sound like a nightmare, but PA school can really test your breaking point and I can not take anymore. Here's what I think it means. In high school I used to play tennis six hours a day on school days and every weekend was a tournament. As a part of my summer training we would have four hour conditioning sessions (these consisted of sprints, long distance running, weight training, etc). Then once we were good and tired we would play tennis for another four or five hours. I think my brain knows that I have not invested so much into any one thing since my tennis days. Also, PA school is exhausting.

While on the subject of tennis, I have to say I was so sad to hear Andy Roddick announce his retirement on Thursday. I have been in love with this man since I first started playing tennis and his match today against Fognini was absolutely incredible. The sport just won't be the same without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment