Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oh the Places You'll Go

Last weekend, my sister and I went with some friends (another pair of sisters) to the Texas Book Festival in Austin.We has such a great a time!



All of the authors of these books were at the festival.



I think more work would get done in the House if these chairs weren't so comfortable.

Almost all the panels and lectures were given in the state capitol.

 

We saw lots of great Halloween costumes.

Jami Attenberg signing her new novel The Middlesteins (I am almost done with this book and I would definitely recommend it)

If any of my friends and family are wondering what to get me for Christmas, I would love this giant container of nutella.

Look Mom, we're sharing!

Me standing with the Texas school children. For I am a Texas school child.



Saturday night we went to a lit crawl at the Texas state cemetery.  It was a full moon and we listened to scary stories and walked over thousands of graves. A perfect night for the Halloween weekend.


I was excited to meet Naomi Wolf, I had just seen her interviewed on the Colbert Report a few weeks ago.



                "Somehow you'll escape 
                 all that waiting and staying.
                 You'll find the bright places 
                 where Boom Bands are playing.
                 With banner flip flapping, 
                 once more you'll ride high!
                 Ready for anything under the sky. 
                 Ready because you're that kind of guy!

                 Kid, you'll move mountains!

                 So…be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
                 Or Mordecai Ale Van Allen O'Shea,
                 You're off to Great Places!
                 Today is your day!
                 Your mountain is waiting.
                 So…get on your way!"
                 -By Dr. Seuss

If you haven't read Oh the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss in a while you can read it here.
It is such an insightful poem.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a fun weekend! That jar of nutella was HUGE!! Were they selling them or was it just for show? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they weren't selling the jars but we ate plenty of crepes filled with nutella!

      Delete
  2. Darn! I wonder if they were empty? Have you seen the Nutella to-go? I need to make crepes with nutella...have not tried that yet.

    ReplyDelete