Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Heavy Heart

Several tornadoes touched down last night in North Texas, including an F4 that hit Grandbury, killing at least six people and injuring over a hundred. I had no idea of this when I went into work but I quickly learned the details when my first patient was a victim of this tornado. I spent most of the day in this operation, seeing her face slowly get put back together. Her sister was also in surgery in the operating room next door. I know bad things happen every day but their story just broke my heart. I was glad they were both doing well but I came home with such a heavy heart. I made Taylor give me an extra long hug and I am currently making a list of all the people I need to call to remind them of how much I love them. I'm counting my blessings and praying for everyone affected by the tornadoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment