Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homecoming

I went home last weekend and finally got a video of the welcome party from my basset hound. She only acts like this when I come home. She usually howls for at least five minutes. Once I was only gone for a few days and still got this reaction.

I have always heard that people tend to have a lot in common with their dogs and that has definitely been true of Millie and me. First, she is always happy to see everyone, making her a terrible guard dog. If a stranger walks into the house or the backyard she wags her tail and promptly rolls over for a belly rub. She is always very sweet and gentle except when it comes to food, then all bets are off. She might growl and bark at other dogs that come near her food. Taylor can attest that sometimes I do the exact same thing. Millie is also unbelievably stubborn. Sometimes when we take her on walks, she will get half way around the block and then lay down, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to get her walking again. We end up having to get the car and drive her home. She also loves a good adventure as much as I do. One time she escaped out of the backyard and about 30 minutes later, the Walgreens about half a mile down the road called, she had run into their store with one of our other dogs.  



She is getting old and all her hair is turning white :-(

 This is my other favorite dog. He is one of those dogs that everyone loves.

The rest of my weekend included a Spurs game...

lots of baking...

and a great birthday party.

1 comment: